Last week, we looked around our office and realized something was missing. Our work area was looking a little blue. We thought long and hard about what we could do to spice things up and decided on something that was Télio appropriate: a fabric garland! We don’t know why no one had thought about this earlier, it’s so perfect! We sell fabric and we decorate with fabric. It’s a no-brainer.
Obviously, you don’t have to work at a fabric wholesaler to make your own garland, you can create this for your bedroom, your kitchen or to decorate your balcony!
Here’s what you’ll need:
–Fabric (we recommend at least 6 or 8 different patterns/colours)
01. First, decide on a colour scheme for your garland. You don’t really need to, if you’re using fabric scraps you found around the house it won’t matter. However, if you want the garland to fit with the décor of the room it’s going in, it’s best to match it to the colours.
02. Decide on the length of your ribbon.
03. Cut your fabric into pieces. We recommend to cut pieces that are 2 inches wide and about 20 to 25 inches long, you will need approximately 12 strips of fabric for every 10 inches of ribbon.
04. Tape your ribbon to a table or a wall.
05. Leave a few inches at both ends of your ribbon to help hook it up when it’s finished.
06. Start adding your fabric pieces. Loop them onto the ribbon like shown below. Do not knot them, it won’t look as polished as the loops.
07. Remember not to add the same pattern/colour of fabric too close to each other, it won’t look as smooth once it’s finished. Pick an order for the fabrics to put hung in and keep that same order for the whole length of the ribbon.
08. Hang your fabric garland in it’s designated room with push pins and voila!
Enjoy your fabric garland! Post your pictures in the comments section if you make your own!