Plaid is not a totally new trend, but it’s everywhere, and there are so many fun ways to wear and style it! TELIO carries a very large collection in different styles and materials including wool, cotton, polyester and rayon, which can satisfy any of your plaid needs.
Now that plaid is in season, I thought I would break down some great ways to sport the trend. If you aren’t ready to go full plaid, hold off and instead wear a little bit at a time in the form of a headband or purse. You could even go for a cozy sweater with plaid detailing which would look great paired with a cute mini skirt or with your favourite jeans. Another option is to wear a plaid shirt unbuttoned or tied around your waist with your favourite graphic tee. If you are ready to get a little more daring, try wearing it in the form of a pencil skirt with a graphic sweatshirt or go for a plaid shirt-dress. If you are feeling really ambitious try mixing plaids together. Remember there are a few rules when mixing prints; Stick to the same colour scheme and make sure your prints vary in size.
My top 5 favourite fall plaid looks this season are:
1. The plaid pencil skirt – There is no school girl in this look. Sophistication is the name of the game.
2. The blanket scarf – O.K a blanket scarf is already cozy, but in plaid? That just took it up a notch!
3. The shirt-dress – We all know how comfy the white shirt-dress is for summer, but in plaid you can wear it from fall into winter with the right accessories.
4. Plaid on plaid – This one is tricky, but if done properly it looks amazing!
5. The plaid coat – A classic, but I had to include it.
What are your favourite ways to wear and style plaid? Do you have any DIYs using plaid to share with us? We would love to see them. Your could even enter for a chance to win some of our beautiful chevron fabric! See here for more details.