Last, but certainly not least, here is our 5th and final jury member, Truc Nguyen. Truc is the Senior Style & Market Editor for FLARE Magazine. We cannot wait to meet her tomorrow!
We asked, they answered: Quick questions to learn a little bit more about Truc!
1. Black or colour? Usually black, but I’m working on embracing colour…
2. Inspiration of the moment? I saw a great Japanese fashion exhibit in Seattle this summer and have been thinking a lot about the concept of “timeless” fashion as well as the role of technology in design.
3. First thing you do in the morning? I check my email and make some coffee!
4. Favorite destination? I lived in New York for 5 years, and love going back there for work and to see friends. It’s such a fast-paced city and always so inspirational.
5. Favorite place to work? I love shoot days at Flare, and traveling to fashion weeks.
6. Song/album/artist on repeat? Anything I can dance to: Rihanna, Beyonce, Justin Timberlake.
7. Country or city? Both! Cities for work and vacations, and the countryside for weekend adventures.
8. In one word, how would you describe yourself? Sharp.
9. What brought you to fashion? Watching Fashion Television as a child and wanting to get involved with this very “glamorous” industry somehow.
10. Name a writer that inspires you? Ruth Reichl.
11. Favorite shopping destination? The White Space at Hudson’s Bay, and New York City.
12. Designer(s) you would love to meet? Junya Watanabe, Rei Kawakubo and J.W. Anderson.
13. Favorite designer of the moment? Steven Tai (a Canadian!)
14. Current trend you love? I love all the oversized, clunky shoes that are on the FW13 catwalks. They remind me of the shoes that were in vogue when I was a teenager in the 90s.
15. Describe your personal style? Classic with a twist.
16. Motto you live by? Tempus fugit. Do what you want.
Stay tuned for tomorrow’s 25 finalists announcement!!