As promised, here is our third TÉLIO Competition jury member, Dominique Lemieux.
Dominique is a renowned Montreal based costume creator, whose work includes a long time association with non-other than the Cirque du Soleil. Check out her website, her work is nothing short of stunning!
We asked, they answered: Quick questions to learn a little bit more about Dominique!
- Favorite texture? Silk Jersey
- Inspiration of the moment? The sun rising at dawn with the peaceful harmonies of nature.
- First thing you do in the morning? I meditate
- What fuels your creativity? I am driven by the joy of being alive
- Favorite place to work? Montréal
- Artist on repeat? Henri Salvador
- In one word, how would you describe yourself? Visionary. I make my dreams a reality.
- What’s a typical day for you? A typical day for me includes meditating, creating, organizing and having fun.
- What is your main motivation when doing what you do? Working towards a better world
- A dream you would like to achieve? Create a show that has beauty,harmony and balance and brings happiness to the audience.
- Name a writer that inspires you? Native American author, Dhyani Ywahoo
- Designer(s) you would love to meet? Jean-Paul Gaultier
- Motto you live by? Love every minute of your life, you will grow with each experience.
Stay tuned for tomorrow’s interview with James Mendolia!